Sometimes we have multiple Roku devices, connecting all our devices in one Roku account. We can active Roku Express, Roku Ultra, Roku streaming stick, and Roku tv with one Roku account. So we have to rename the Roku device instead of the default name.
If all our devices link to one Roku account, we will face a problem identifying the Roku device in our Roku account. So we have to rename the Roku device as our own choice. Most people don’t like the default Roku name, so we have to rename the Roku device.
We first identified our Roku device from the Roku account to change the Roku device name. After finding it, we can easily rename our desired Roku device.
Every Roku device has a unique serial key. We will see our Roku device serial from the tv and Roku account. We can easily identify our desired Roku device from our Roku account with this serial key. So we first know our unique serial key from the Roku device.
How to find Roku device serial key?
- Go to your Roku device Homepage.
- Click the “settings” button with the help of the Roku remote.
- Now click “system” and then click “about.”
- Now you will see your Roku device Model number, Serial number, Software version and many more options.
- On the serial number option, please note your serial number
- We will find our device using this serial number.
How to rename Roku device using Roku mobile app
- Go to your iPhone/IPad/ Android Roku mobile app.
- Now click the setting icon from the top of the Roku app.
- On the Device section, you will see your default Roku device at the top. Click this default Roku device.
- After clicking, you will see your all active Roku device. All the Roku device default names and serial keys will appear.
- Find your desired device using Roku serial key and tap this device.
- Now you will see your desired Roku device name at the top of the device section.
- Then click Device Name and Location from the device section.
- On the Device name, delete the default name and type your new Roku name. You have to do the same thing in Device location options. Delete default location and set your new location.
- At last, click the save button.
I hope you can easily change your Roku device name using Roku mobile app.
How to rename Roku device using Roku website.
- Open a web browser and go to the Roku.com website.
- Log in to your Roku account using your email and password.
- Now click the profile icon, which upper right corner of the screen, then select “My Account.”
- Your Roku My Account screen will appear. Now scroll down and see your My link device or Link device.
- All the link devices will appear with the name, location and serial key.
- Among all the Roku devices, find your desired device using Roku serial key.
- Now click the name edit icon of your desired device, then enter your new device name and click update.
- Change your device location at the same process.
- This simple process helps you to change the Roku device name.